What Is this Google AdSense and How To Make Money With it
There are several ways to monetise the traffic to your website, and the majority of them involve marketing third-party goods or services to your website’s users. Today, there are various advertising systems that might help you make money, but Google AdSense is the most well-known.
This advertising programme, which was introduced by Google in the middle of 2003, is currently the most well-known one on the Internet. Webmasters and site owners have a good opportunity to monetise their traffic because Google pays its publishers more than $10 billion annually. This post will provide you with some pointers if you’ve ever wondered what AdSense is or how to make money with it.
Benefits of Google AdSense
- Publishers and advertisers in great numbers. Over 10 million websites currently use it.
- High levels of safety, openness, and security for both publishers and advertisers. This is yet another beneficial aspect of AdSense. Google serves as a mediator between the two parties and is concerned with the process’ overall transparency and clarity for all parties. You can monitor all the relevant parameters in your Google Analytics account.
- different ad formats. Advertisers in AdSense have a wide variety of ad formats to choose from, including text, photos, HTML advertisements, video ads, and much more. As a publisher, you can test out various ad formats to see which ones generate the most income.
Tip: check which sizes are the most used by other publishers and learn from them. For example, in our own study, based on the analysis of over 63,000 advertisers and publishers, we found out that the most popular ad sizes are 728×90 and 300×250:
How Does AdSense Work?
The entire procedure is fairly easy. All you need to get started is to establish an AdSense account and add a minimal piece of code to your website pages. Based on its own algorithms, Google will utilise your page to display targeted adverts that are either pertinent to the content of your website or to visitors’ previous searches.
The best part is that you will be compensated for the clicks made by your website’s visitors on those ads. Google AdSense operates on a revenue-sharing and cost-per-click model. As a result, getting as many clicks on those adverts as you can will be your main duty.
Tip: do not try to cheat Google and artificially increase the number of clicks. Do not encourage your website visitors to click ads and — of course — do not click your own ads under any circumstances! Google has a very accurate and complicated system for preventing click fraud. Once it notices some suspicious activity on your website or has any doubts about the quality of your traffic and clicks, it may suspend your account.
How Much Can You Earn With AdSense?
Google charges advertisers per ad click. Publishers get 68% of the click amount (or 51% when it comes to AdSense for search).
The commission you get depends heavily on the competition and CPC in the niche. In practice, the commission per click can range from $0.20 to $15. The majority of niches bring less than $3 per click to publishers. However, there are some niches that can be extremely profitable.
There are two ways to discover the most profitable topics:
1. Estimate an average cost per click in the niche with the CPC Map tool:
You can see that the three most expensive niches in the US are Insurance, Online Education and Marketing & Advertising. If you are just about to start a blog and choosing the topics to cover, these numbers will be extremely useful for you.
2. Check the CPC of a particular keyword in the Keyword Magic tool:
This tool is powered by the biggest keyword database in the world (over 14.6 billion keywords as of August 2019). You can just enter a seed keyword (“adsense”, for example) and it will give you tons of related search terms with CPC, search volume and competition level for each of these terms.
Traffic Is The Source:
Finally, and most significantly, how much targeted traffic to your website affects your earnings. Even if you select the most costly niche and the nicest ad locations, it won’t matter if no one visits your website or blog. Remember that a very small portion of your visitors will actually click the advertisements (there are no official Google figures, but most webmasters claim that 1% to 2% is a decent CTR). Most likely, you’ll earn less than $1 with each click. You may now determine for yourself how much traffic you need to generate the desired income. Consequently, you need a lot of traffic if you wish to profit from AdSense.
This implies that it is always rational to build a website on a subject you are extremely knowledgeable about. You will find it more simpler and more enjoyable to create a large volume of high-quality content. Expecting to make $1,000 per month with a 10-page website is unrealistic. Before you begin using AdSense, it is advised that you produce at least 20–30 pages of content.
Briefly summarizing, you can make pretty good money with Google AdSense, but it is not a program where you can get rich quickly. There are some common sense rules to follow that will help you lay the groundwork for high and stable earnings:
- Love the topic you are writing about and know a lot about it.
- As well as producing unique and relevant content, do it on a regular basis to make Google aware that your website is being updated constantly with fresh information.
- Do not try to cheat Google with any kind of “artificial” clicks.
- Do some research to find the most profitable niches in terms of CPC and search demand. Build your content plan according to these insights.